Monday, May 11, 2009

Paeng sets new National Bowling Record

Paeng NepomucenoSix-time World Champion Paeng Nepomuceno established a new national record for four games yesterday at the 41st Manila Tenpin Bowling Association at Bowling Inn in Taft Avenue.

Nepomuceno, who was on a hot streak, rolled 12 consecutive strikes for a perfect 300 game in his first game during the singles event qualifying, he then rolled eleven more strikes in his next game which was an almost perfect game of 299 followed by 268 and 256 for a new national record of 1123 or an average of 280.75 per game.

Paeng representing the Philippine Bowling Congress and Nutrilite rolled 23 consecutive strikes in the first two games only to be stopped by a stubborn 7 pin. His first three game total of 867 is also a personal high said Nepomuceno.

Paeng erased the previous record of 1103 set in 1994 by former national team member Marcus Reyes.

“I am happy that at 52 years old, I am still competitive and I surprised myself with the way I bowled yesterday and am happy that I did it in a Philippine Bowling Congress Open tournament,” Nepomuceno said.

Paeng, at 52, is showing no signs of slowing down. He was honored by the Guinness World Records a few months ago for the third time for having the most career world titles: 118.

Paeng, who is the USBC (United States Bowling Congress) International Ambassador for bowling said, “Bowling has been my passion. I have been bowling for almost four decades and will continue to bowl as long as I can”.

“Not even my age is going to slow me down. One of the reasons why I am still in great shape is because of my fitness regimen” said Nepomuceno who still sports a six pack abdomen.

“I work out at the gym four to five times a week, I go cycling and swimming for my cardiovascular activity when not in the gym and I also believe in nutrition supplementation.”

Paeng is the only bowler in the world to have won the World Cup four times and was named FIQ Bowling Athlete of the Millennium and holds three unbroken records in the Guinness Book of World records. Being a hall of famer, his seven foot image is displayed in the entrance of the International Bowling Hall of Fame and Museum.

Paeng was named World Bowling Writers ‘World Bowler of the Year three times and is the first inductee in its Hall of Fame.(http://goodnewspilipinas.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More