Thursday, 26 November 2009

World Pyro Olympics 2009 Postponed to January 2010


This year's World Pyro Olympics 2009 is rescheduled on January 2010 due to the incessant rain during its opening night.


The “Greatest Show on Earth” kicked off last November 21st at the Fort Open Grounds, Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City but fell short of a promised spectacle because of the rain. Succeeding fireworks shows have been originally set on November 28, December 5, 12, and 19.

“Due to safety considerations in the firing site, the WPO executive committee decided to reschedule the staging of the WPO in January next year,” said Arriane Dizon, marketing assistant of World Wide Womb for WPO.

In its official press statement, WPO cited that the firing area is unfit for pyrotechnics due to incessant rains.

“The Pyrotechnics launchings have certain international standards to observe. The participating countries agreed to postpone the event,” it said.

The opening showcased colorful displays from Germany and China. It started late due to rains.

In its fourth year, the WPO added a musical component in the competition, or “Pyromusical”, blending music with the bright fireworks display.

Aside from Germany and China, other competing countries this year include Australia, Japan, Canada, Italy, Korea, and USA.

Italy, which made its debut last year in the competition, is the reigning champion of the World Pyro Olympics that began in 2005.

For more details about the event visit the official website at http://www.worldpyroolympics.com

photo courtesy of: Christian Valle Bederico 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More